onsdag 1 oktober 2014

Things are becoming more and more like a routine in the school and when I come in the morning I know exactly what to do. This is something I really appreciate . I'm also getting to know the groups and the chldren better every day and I remember more and more names. I can also see how much I'm learning by trying out what activities that's working well and not so well in different groups. Every group need a different type of teaching, some lessons is more about playing games and to having fun exploring the language on a basic level while others is eager to learn how to talk and want me to teach them grammar and a lot of new words. This week has been lot's of fun so far!


A couple of days ago I had a short teacher training with Julia. This helped a lot to come up with activities, games and how to plan a class. For example she suggested to play memory with flashcards and Bingo. Straight away I could tell that they loved it and they told me afterwards that they had fun at that I was "funny". That's was great to hear! I also decided to make some "Olivia-lesson-rules" like no hitting and pushing and no eating during the classes. This was a way to see their reaction, but also to explain how these things can be different among different people and in other schools.


This week I also came to a meeting with the Ministry of Education. The topic was to discuss bringing more fellows to work in the schools in Rahat and how to build that program. Many interesting possibilities and challenges were lifted as well as dilemmas that I actually experienced working in the school. For example what ages that is most suitable to teach and how to invest in different students with different abilities. I'm looking forward to see the progress, to contribute by sharing my thoughts about my internship and hopefully be there in January to welcome the new fellows.

Next week the school will be closed because of the holiday Eid-Al-Adha. I will take the opportunity to explore the southern parts of Israel a bit more and hopefully see some desert :)



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar